Thursday, September 19, 2013

An Amazing Acupuncture Testimonial!


Last year, I injured my back while attempting to strike a spine extension pose during a yoga class. In all fairness, I pushed well beyond "my edge" which instructors caution about at the start of each class. While coming out of the pose, I immediately knew something was very wrong when I felt a most unpleasant shift in my lower back. Every time I move or changed positions over the past year, I could feel a clicking accompanied by shooting pain. I felt I had made some real progress powering through the pain by not wincing in front of other people. For the first time, I had a very real understanding of back pain. I also knew that taking pain medication would not be an option if this was to be a chronic condition.
 
Of all the possible treatment options and learning of Dr. Nasr's credentials, extensive training, and excellent reputation, I decided to make an appointment for Medical Acupuncture at Heaven and Earth Medi Spa in Lusby. Honestly, I was a little skeptical about whether or not this treatment would show any positive results and slightly squeamish about the needles. 
 
 
While speaking with Dr. Nasr about the injury and continual pain, I was immediately impressed with his kind and caring demeanor, his willingness to really listen and answer my questions, and his honesty. The needles (which are small, by the way) were inserted at various location on my body. I couldn't help but wonder why he hadn't inserted needles into my back, at the precise location of the pain. He dimmed the lights and exited the treatment room for some time until it was time to have the needles removed.
 
At first, I felt relaxation to the point of exhaustion. Aside from that, nothing else seemed to happen until a few hours later when I felt bruised, not pain, in my lower back. This sensation continued through the following day, again, with no jolting pain. From that point onward, the sensation and pain ceased. How cool is THAT?! I have returned to Heaven & Earth for another acupuncture treatment for an unrelated issue and won't hesitate to return as need be. What can I say ... I have become a big believer in Medical Acupuncture and am tremendously grateful to have found such an experienced practitioner in Dr. Nasr.

~ Eileen M., Lusby, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment